FAQs | Things you may want to know:

What is the shopping experience like?

TCB is stocked with ever-changing womenswear that is current, on-trend and high-end. Our customers love the TCB shopping experience as many hidden gems can be found for everyone at a reasonable price.  


How does the selling experience work?

TCB offers consignment on your high-end designer items. If you’d wish to become a consignor you may come in store with your items, a valid ID, and during our opening hours. There is no need to make an appointment. You may wish to call ahead, however, not necessary. A stylist will assess your items best suited for selling and price them accordingly with your approval.


The Collective Boutique reserves the right to set initial prices and to reduce the price of items when necessary without needing to contact the consignor.

It is in the best interest of both TCB and consignors to gain the maximum price as a pre-loved item in a reasonable amount of time.

What do I get in return for my sold items?

If an item of yours sells you will receive 40% of the sale. You will be notified via email at the start of the next month as a direct deposit will be made to your bank account. The remaining 60% of the sale goes towards the Prahran Community Learning Centre, helping Melbourne’s disadvantaged families.


What kind of items are you looking for?

We are looking for clean, on-trend and in-style high-end designer items. This ranges from women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories (handbags, jewelry, belts, sunglasses, hats, scarves and wallets).


How long do you keep items in store?

We will do our best to sell your items over a 2 – 3-month period. If necessary, Goods will gradually be discounted in moderation over this time to help them sell. If your items do not sell you will be contacted to either collect them as returns or donate them to the Prahran Community Learning Centre.


Once you have been contacted to collect your unsold items, they will be held in the backroom. If you fail to pick them up and numerous attempts to do so, your items will be donated.

Can I return or exchange purchased items?

Due to our business model we do not accept returns or exchanges. Once a purchase is made, it is put aside for both the consignor and Prahran Community Learning Centre.

How should I contact you?

You may contact us via telephone, email or Instagram. A response is expected during our operating hours. 


What happens if my items are damaged?

The Collective Boutique prides itself on being an upmarket and sought after Boutique. We will take all due and reasonable care to look after your goods. However, on rare occasion items become damaged due to being tried on. Under these circumstances your goods will be withdrawn from sale and returned to you immediately.


Online sales?

Please note, photos of your items may be used for online content to increase sales. While we do not have an online store, purchases can be made via our Instagram page with the added cost of postage.